Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christ-mas Thoughts

Caden is napping and I'm typing my first blog post.  I could be napping too, but guess I've chosen this as more important - I'll long for that nap in about 2 hours.  

Tonight is the Capitol Building Christmas Tree Lighting so Caden & I will meet Adam at the nation's capitol after work to see this.  I love Christmas!

I find myself so cautious of how much I talk about Santa vs Jesus Christ, receiving presents vs giving gifts, Santa coming vs Jesus' birthday.  I don't want my son to look at Christmas as Santa's Day but Jesus' Birthday.  

I ache deep down for Caden and our baby to know that Christ loves them, created them and is next to them.  

If they grow up knowing only one fact of this life I want it to be that they were created for God and by God because God is not a distant being but a present friend.

No comments: