Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Potty Training, or is it Mommy training?

Well this is no easy task.  We have been potty training Caden since mid-August.  Some weeks are superior to others and then there are the days when we take a gazillion steps back, or so it seems.

I hear it takes time.  I hear each child is different.  I hear rewards help.  I hear... a lot of things, but what I don't hear is that it will be over soon.  Is there any end in sight?  

I'm not frustrated, that was yesterday. :-)  I spent the day praying for God to let me know if we should stop for a while and give us all a break.  Just give me a peace about it Lord.  

The answer is no Nadia!  Looks like we're supposed to potty on for now because today Caden has told me all day when he needs to go and that he wants to do it "by myself mommy, I not need you".  This may sound like it should hurt my feelings, contrary, this gives me such joy and pride.  

Guess for now the key is to let my sweet boy do it "by myself".... 

4 comments:

Blue Nova Designs said...

Hey Nadia! Good to hear from you...I need to bookmark your bloggy blog. Hope this "raising kids" things gets easier! We are just about to start! Just 6 more weeks until little Lendon will join us :)

xoxo
Maria

teraturnbull said...

looks like god answer your prayers on the whole potty training thing!!It will all come on his own time!! good luck and hang in there!

Starr said...

Ahh...potty training...such a rite of passage. (For mom's I mean.)

The Cash Clan said...

How old is he now???? I can't believe he's already old enough for potty-training! It goes so FAST!!!